Why do you need registered GAS installers in Gauteng?
- It is part of the national health and safety act, therefore a legal requirement be a good citizen and ably.
- RegisteredGas Installers is the only person who can issue a certificates of compliance for your LP GAS installation.
- It is for your own safety, make the right choice and choose ROYAL Gas Installers
Why do you need a certificate of compliance from your GAS Installers?
- Gas compliance certificate is needed for your insurance. In the case of a fire or any accident that is caused by the GAS installation, a non-compliant installation would void your insurance so be clever and remember safety first.
- Gas compliance certificate is needed when you are selling your home.
If you smell GAS what to do:
- Run and turn off the gas supply immediately.
- Ventilate the area that smells by opening all windows and doors.
- Identify or get someone to identify and correct the leak .
- Do NOT switch a plug or switch on or off until the area has been well ventilated and the smell of gas is gone. This is very important.
Minimum Safety Distances (Cylinders outside):
The following minimum safety distances are applicable for any LP Gas installations. It is very important to confirm that your installation was done accordingly.
- The gas cylinders must be at least 1m from a door.
- Any electrical source of ignition (any switch) must be at least 1.5m above the gas cylinders
- Any windows must be at least 3.5m above the gas cylinders. But, it may be reduced to 300mm provided that a non-combustible roof is installed between the cylinders and the window.
- The gas cylinders must be at least 1m away from any windows.
- The gas cylinders cannot be closer than 1m from an air brick and at least 2m from a forced draught inlet for air conditioner.
- When an electrical source of ignition such as a switch box, distribution board, motor, generator, etc, if lower or at the same level as the gas cylinders, it must be at least 5m away from the gas cylinder.
- Cylinders should be placed on a firm level base
- THIS ALL TAKES TO MUCH TIME, IT’S EASIER TO PHONE ROYAL GAS
Connection of (Gas hob) Cylinders outside:
Gas cylinder internal installation:
- Adequate ventilation in the cupboard door must be ensured.
- The cylinder cannot be closer than 300mm and a partition must be between the gas bottle and the stove.
- No electrical connections or plug points to be installed in the same cupboard as the gas cylinder.